Wednesday, February 9, 2011

American Heart Month

I am so happy with the coverage American Heart Month and Go Red for Women are receiving across the nation this month!  Women all over our nation are hearing a message that can save their lives.  I was lucky to be able to play a small role in raising awareness of the dangers of heart disease yesterday on "Good Morning Memphis" broadcasted on Fox Channel 13 here in Memphis.  While the dangers are real and undeniably scary, I was happy to spread the good news that 80% of cardiac events in women are preventable if we make simple heart healthy decisions.  Eat right, exercise, and above all...do not smoke!  See my "Good Morning Memphis" segment in full by visiting the link below, and tune in for a more detailed discussion of heart health when I am interviewed on WMC-TV Channel 5 on the morning of February 19.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/good_morning/020811-knowing-your-heart-health

No comments:

Post a Comment