Saturday, January 29, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

On Friday, January 28, I was interviewed and photographed by Skirt! Magazine, a fabulous Memphis publication which celebrates all it means to be a woman.  I am honored to have been chosen to be included in their upcoming March issue which will feature several female "Community Change Makers."  I am always pleased to be granted an outlet to share my passions for Go Red for Women, Streets Ministries, and the many wonderful animal rescue organizations which work tirelessly to save homeless animals.  I also enjoyed talking about the Mrs. International Pageant which allows women like myself to amplify our voices to achieve positive change.  If you live in Memphis, don't forget to pick up a copy of Skirt! in March!

On Saturday morning, January 29, I had a wonderful time meeting and speaking to the many mothers and daughters who gathered together at St. Louis School here in Memphis for the Mother Daughter Tea and Fashion Show.  My friend Gena Wolbrecht organized this first class event, and again, I was so excited to be able to share my story and encourage the women and girls gathered to make a difference in our community.  There is nothing a determined group of people cannot accomplish.
        It was such fun to spend the day with such sweet girls.
Me with my friend Gena Wolbrecht

On Sunday, January 30, I was so excited and happy to be able to witness the crowning of my dear friend Melody Usdan as Mrs. Tennessee America 2011!  I am so happy her dream has come true, and I'm so excited that we are able to represent Tennessee in the same year.  It was also so much fun to see tons of my pageant friends, including my predecessor, Mrs. Tennessee International 2010, Cydney Miller.
Mrs. Tennessee International 2010 Cydney Miller and
Mrs. Tennessee International 2011 Mary-Marsha Riley
    

No comments:

Post a Comment